Horse Riding Australia offers trail rides in Cairns to anyone who wants to partake in the calming, yet playful and exciting rush of riding a horse through the rainforest, bush-land or even on the beach. Choose from a 2-hour trail ride to a whole day riding adventure. We offer options from group rides to personalized private tours. Explore a whole new world with the best tour guide around, a horse—of course!
Trail rides in Kuranda (Only 30 min from Cairns- Transfers included in the price)
- 2 hour trail ride; Adults $ 99, Kids $89, Families $287, Private tour upgrade + $ 90 (lunch included)
- 3 hour trail ride; Adults $ 125, Kids $95, Families $ 345, Private tour upgrade + $ 90 (lunch included)
- Sunset / Twilight Experience trail ride; Adults; $135, Children: $115 (lunch included)
- Couples Sunset / Twilight Experience; Per Couple: $368 helicopter charter POA (lunch included)
- Full Day Horse Riding – Adventure Ride; Per Person: $205, Private Tour Upgrade: + $180.00 (lunch and refreshments included)
Kuranda- the village in the rainforest- is only 30 min from Cairns. For over a century this tiny village has attracted visitors because of its quaint charm, stunning natural beauty and the relaxed atmosphere of the local markets, selling unique souvenirs and gift items. Kuranda is surrounded by World Heritage Rainforest, freshwater creeks, spectacular mountain-top views, and an abundance of native wildlife. Your experienced trail-riding guide will point out natural wonders during an informative commentary. Experienced riders will have the possibility to trot and canter.
The Village in the Rainforest is open 7 days a week and Tourism Kuranda invites you to spend some time enjoying the many things to see and do in this little piece of paradise.
Beach horse riding at Wonga Beach (Cairns transfer at additional cost)
- 3 hour morning beach ride $ 115 (8.30- 11.30 am)
- 3 hour afternoon beach ride $ 115 (2.30- 5.30 pm)
- 2 hour sunset beach ride $ 90 (4- 6 pm)
- 1.5 hour privately guided beach ride $ 170
- 2.5 hour privately guided beach ride $ 210
This spectacular beach ride is like no other! We teach you all the basics before we head off over scenic grassy headland on the way to Wonga beach. Once we arrive at the beach we break up the ride according to riding experience so don’t worry if you are a complete beginner. You can still come along.
If you are an experienced rider, canter you horse along the beach just next to the powerful waves. Experience the freedom and the rush of the sea and horse as you gallop down this great Australian beach.
We regroup at the northern end of the beach where you will have the opportunity to take some great shots with Snapper Island and Daintree river in the distance.
The next part of the journey takes you through the peaceful and pristine rainforest.
Some of the wildlife you may be lucky enough to spot during your ride can include Shovel Nose Rays swimming in the shallows offshore, Jumping Cod (Wonga Beach is famous for these fish), Dolphins, Scrub Fowl and their amazing nests as we journey through the rainforest), Scrub Pythons (which are definitely not harmful), Goanna’s, the bright blue Ulysses Butterfly or the metallic green Cairns Birdwing Butterfly, Kookaburra’s and Kingfishers to name a few.
What makes our Wonga beach trail rides great?
- Excellent tuition throughout the tour
- Beautiful scenery
- Well trained horses
- Suitable for all levels of experience
- Quality breeds of horses including Australian stock horses, Quarter horses and appaloosas, are well trained and cared for, which suit all ages and levels of horse riding experience.
- You will be provided with boots and helmets. Then you will be selected a horse to suit your horse riding ability.
Riding a horse along the lush fairytale forest of Cairns is magical. Take your friends with you and you have the perfect day planned. Imagine spending Hours of horse bonding, chitchat, and breathtaking scenic views. You will never forget your trail ride in Cairns as it truly offers one of the world best scenery and backdrops. Enjoying nature and the horses calming breath will take you out of your busy hectic world and offer you the pleasurable escape you’ve been craving.
Both horse and rides becomes alive on the trail as it offers a whole new experience away from the normal arena work or office work. Experience the tranquility and book a trail ride today!